As a UA Online student, you have two options - if you plan to take Spanish online, you can take the Placement Exam to be placed in your initial class.
If you already have language credits or already know a language, you can take the Second Language Proficiency Exam through the online proctoroing service Examity (through D2L) by following the instructions below. If you are in Tucson and want to take the exam in-person, you can make an appointment
NOTE: Each degree has a different second language proficiency requirement - if you do not know yours, you can look at your Advisement Report in UAccess Student or speak with your advisor.
- Step One: Log into D2L (d2l.arizona.edu) entering your NetID and password into WebAuth.
- Step Two: Click on "Self Registration" in the menu bar.
- Find the "Language Proficiency" class and click on the link.
- At the description prompt, click "Register".
- Step Three: Follow the prompts to access your new class.
- Step Four: Follow the instructions on the class page to sign in to Examity and schedule your exam date and time.
- Step Five: Your results will appear in UAccess Student (look for Transfer Credit Report) within a few days.